We offer two kids accounts:
Planet M – for children ages 5 to 12
Boom! – for teenagers 13 to 17 (also available as a checking account).
- For children ages 5 to 12.
- A fun way for a child to save and learn about money.
- A deposit of $5 is all it takes to open the Planet M Account.
- A balance of $5 or more will earn monthly dividends.
- Dividends are calculated on average daily balance and paid monthly.
- No monthly service fee.
Your credit union’s new and exciting savings program developed especially for students, ages 13-17. Boom! is designed to help parents introduce their teens to the world of personal finance. In this era of debit cards, dot-com companies, and the abundance of online purchases, solid financial knowledge is essential to your child’s financial future. That’s why we’re offering Boom! to give our teens the tools they need to develop into financially responsible adults. As a member of Boom!, your child (or any relative age 13-17) will have a savings account and learn to develop savings goals. Features of our new teen financial services program include:
- Savings account with a $5 deposit requirement.
- Quarterly statements to teach teens the importance of financial management.
There is absolutely no cost involved in joining Boom!. Just a minimum initial $5 to open their new account. And anyone who joins Boom! can remain a member of the credit union for life, no matter where they live or work (as long as they maintain membership in good standing). Help your teen take his/her first step toward financial independence and responsibility. Visit the credit union today to open a Boom! account for your teen, and assure their financial well being tomorrow. For more information about our Boom! checking accounts, please call or visit our branch.